Preparing to Sell
A) Is it the right time to sell?
Lifestyle changes are often the biggest reason behind our decision to sell. Whether you are relocating, have a growing family or are downsizing, working out when to sell your home can be a daunting process- especially for first-time sellers.
Your decision to sell your property may not coincide with the perfect market conditions. Therefore it is important to know what is happening in the property market and the economy as a whole, as the real estate market generally reflects the current state of the broader economy.
Additionally, you should consider your own personal objectives, your ability to finance a new property and meet ongoing repayments and capital gains tax implications for selling an investment property.
Also remember that if property prices are low, you may get less for your house than you intended, but you'll probably pay less for the house you wish to buy and vice versa when prices are high.
Tip: Become informed about the property sales in your area.
Adil can provide you with comparative market analysis (CMA). The CMA details information on past sales in your neighbourhood, homes that didn't sell and homes that are currently for sale.This information will help explain the supply and demand in your suburb as well as recent data trends and market conditions.
B) The Selling Process
Selling a home isn't as simple as sticking up a "for sale" sign and waiting for the buyers to come to you. Below is a quick overview of the many steps involved in selling a property.
- Deciding to sell is the biggest decision to be made. Consider what is happening in the broader market and what is best for your particular situation. Decide if you are better off buying a new home before or after you sell your current home.
- Choosing an agent. Your agent will be in charge of advertising, showing and completing the legal requirements of selling your property, which is why Adil would be a great choice. Adil provides what everyone needs in a real estate agent, integrity, strong ethics, good knowledge of his business and a multitude of resources for all the details in selling your home or moving into it. Always putting your needs and wants first. Adil's professionalism, honesty, and attention to detail provide a very enjoyable experience.
- Now you will decide how you want to sell your home. You and your agent will work out a plan for listing, showing and selling your property.
- Figuring out your selling priceand property inclusions comes next. Your property's location, size, age and features will be assessed, as will the current market and area trends.
Tip: How much is your house worth?
As a customer, you want to get the highest possible price for your property. But, setting an unrealistic price will discourage buyers. The value of your property can depend on factors such as:
5. In the end, the market will decide what it is prepared to pay for your home, but you need a realistic starting point. Adil can help provide you with the best indication.
6. Next you will sign an agreement with your agent. This legally binding contract details any commissions, the estimated sale price, duration of the agreement, process and much much more.
7.Then comes advertising and showing your property. This usually involves photographying your property, drawing up Just Listed flyers and getting online ads up. If help is needed to get your property ready for listing day, below is a checklist.
It's important to make sure your property looks its best from the moment it goes onto the market.
Tips for presenting your property:
Pavement Appeal - Make sure the front of your home looks appealing and inviting with a weed-free garden and some attractive pot plants.
Clean and Bright -Before each and every viewing give your property a look, ensuring that the windows are clean inside and out -surprisingly enough it makes a big difference to the lighting.
Cut the Clutter - You want the future buyer to be able to imagine their own belongings in the home, so make sure to de-clutter and keep things tidy. The less clutter will help make rooms appear larger.
Fix it - From big to small, make sure the minor repairs are taken care of. A paint job will freshen up the homes look. And basic maintenance work will help to ensure buyers don't find any faults.
Freshen up the Home - Get rid of any odours or smells, by opening windows or brewing some fresh coffee. Also you may brighten up the place with fresh flowers.
Light up- Try to make the home look more spacious with mirrors and lights, and make sure all inside doors are left open.
8.Getting your home on the market. Prospective buyers will contact Adil and arrange times to view your property, or attend your open homes.
9.Next comes sale and negotiation of the home you are selling. Adil will mediate between you and buyers to reach a mutually acceptable price. The buyer will then pay a deposit.
10.Both seller and buyer’s lawyers and banks will work out the details of the sale to ensure that both parties meet all legal and financial requirements.
11. Closing Day- you’ll relinquish the keys and legal rights to your property in exchange for the balance of payment from the buyer or their bank. Congratulations, you have sold your home!
When you list with Adil, you gain access to his professional marketing plan. Since Adil specializes , he recognizes that different homes have different marketing needs. Accordingly, the avenues of marketing your home will be tailored to give your property maximum exposure to qualified buyers. Many home buyers search the internet for information about available properties, so having a solid web presence is essential these days. Accordingly, every home is featured on DINANI.COM, ROYALLEPAGE.CA and REALTYLINK.ORG and many more, to ensure that maximum web exposure is provided. Similarly, with each new listing, Adils contacts his list of prospective buyers who have shown interest in past developments or listings.
In addition, any or all of these marketing techniques may be used:
- Print advertising through the Vancouver Magazine and RealtyLink In Print.
- Email flyers sent to top Realtors in the area.
- Full colour print flyers sent to our targeted Realtor mailing list.
- Exposure through the advertising on dinani.ca and kiosks.
- Signage using the well-known Royal Lepage brand.
- Exposure through the renowned network of Royal Lepage associates worldwide.
Importantly, Vancouver home buyers (and even their Realtors) look to Adil to find the ideal home to fit their lifestyle. Over the years, Adil has garnered a reputation for listing unique spaces of superior construction in Vancouver and area. Why not have your property be among the first that these buyers look at?